Full written recipe for Crispy Veg Cutlet
For potato mixture
• Potatoes 4-5 medium size (boiled & grated)
• Ginger 1 inch (chopped)
• Green chillies 2-3 nos. (chopped)
• Fresh coriander leaves 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Fresh mint leaves 1 tbsp (chopped)
1. Capsicum 1/3rd cup (chopped)
2. Corn kernels 1/3rd cup
3. Carrots 1/3rd cup (chopped)
4. French beans 1/3rd cup (chopped)
5. Green peas 1/3rd cup
• Salt to taste
• Black pepper powder 1 tsp
• Powdered spices:
1. Red chilli powder 1 tbsp
2. Coriander powder 1 tbsp
3. Cumin powder 1 tsp
4. Garam masala 1 tsp
5. Amchur powder 1 tsp
6. Kasuri methi ½ tsp
7. Black salt a pinch
8. Turmeric powder 1/4th tsp
• Lemon juice 1 tsp
• Soaked poha ½ cup
• Cornstarch 1 tbsp
• Refined flour slurry
1. Refined flour 1/3rd cup
2. Water as required
3. Salt to taste
4. Black pepper powder a pinch
• Crushed vermicelli
• Refined flour/cornflour 1/3rd cup
• Oil (for deep frying)
• For potato mixture, add all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix and combine well, while mixing if the mixture seems to become moist, you can adjust by adding more cornflour and poha. Mix well until the mixture holds shape.
• Grease your palm with oil, take a spoonful of mixture and roll like a ball while squeezing lightly so to hold the shape, further roll between your palm to shape like a cylinder. You can also choose
• To make slurry, mix refined flour and water together until its smooth and lump free, add salt & black pepper powder to taste and mix well.
• Now coat the shaped tikki in dry refined flour or cornflour, further dip in the refined flour slurry and coat well with crushed vermicelli, you can store them in deep freezer for a week, for now, deep freeze for 5-10 minutes to set.
• Once set for 5-10 minutes in deep freezer, you can deep fry them in hot oil on medium high heat until crisp and golden brown.
• Vegetable cutlets are ready, serve them hot with ketchup, or any dip of your choice.