Come abide with Jesus as we learn more about Jesus through the parable of The True Vine.
Reflection and Response ideas:
• go on a nature walk this week, looking for vines and talking about the story.
• work with the lesson by re-enacting the biblical story with paper cutouts, play fruit, plants, and with your imagination.
• read John 15:1-11 or a portion of the Scripture at bedtime and imagine being in the story. What words, places, actions, or emotions do you notice? Look for clues about how one bears fruit.
• create artwork of the True Vine with watercolors, crayons, or molding clay. Make an art shelf in your home during this season.
• make a liturgical calendar for your home to mark and celebrate the 7 weeks and each of the 50 days of Easter. Count out the days left to Pentecost.
• 50 Days of Glory Easter challenge: Share about someone who has helped shepherd you in “abiding” in your faith with your family and friends. Use the word “abide” in daily life.
May 17, 2020
Christ the Redeemer Anglican Church, Fort Worth