Join us in the atrium as we trace the disciple John’s journey and hear of his writings. Rev 21:1-4
Reflection and Response ideas:
* Work with the story at home using blocks, action figures, dolls or stuffed animals, cardboard, or other household items and your imagination.
* Look at maps or a globe and find Jerusalem and the are John traveled. Find Texas.
* Read John’s writings and respond with art- drawing, journaling, painting, clay or playdough.
* Write down words you remember from the story.
* Discuss as a family how you can share about Jesus with words and actions.
* Learn the chorus to the hymn, Here I am, Lord. Sing together as a family. Imagine all the people and places God could send you to.
* Continue in a family challenge to learn the 12 disciples. Make a set of cut-out figures, peg dolls, or some other way to play and work with knowing the disciples.
* For older kids, write out the disciples’ names. Memorize their names. Look up information together about their lives. Here’s a way to memorize their names by song: 12 Disciples Song.
* Talk about the season of Pentecost (Ordinary time) and how you can share the gospel and God’s healing love as a family during the day-in and day-out ordinary days of summer.
June 28, 2020
Christ the Redeemer Anglican Church, Fort Worth, TX